Belle House – Asparagus Soup
Asparagus soup – simple and seasonal
Perfect to make when Asparagus is in season in the Spring. It’s easy to make, tastes delicious and can be served hot or cold.
250ml cream (double)
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 sticks of celery, chopped
1 leek, chopped
1 medium potato, grated
1 garlic clove
1 Bunch of Fresh Asparagus Shredded
Salt and pepper
- Boil milk, cream, and potato until it’s soft then add the Asparagus for the last 2 minutes, stir occasionally so it doesn’t catch, then add salt and pepper
- In a separate pan, sauté off shallots, celery, leek and garlic once they are cooked add to other pan
- Once all ingredients cooked and soft, blend until smooth and adjust seasoning, add a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
- To serve; re-heat gently for 3 – 4 minutes and serve hot in warmed soup bowls or serve chilled.
- Garnish with diced cooked pancetta or crème fraiche and some cooked asparagus and serve with warm crusty bread